Below is a course description to the Beginner Swedish course. It starts with the very basic words and phrases, as well as pronunciation and grammar rules. Toward the end of the course, you will have a basic understanding of the most common topics in Swedish.
Not sure? Try all the material from Swedish2go for 3 days for free. No commitments or credit cards necessary.
Feel free to always ask questions regarding your Swedish studies!
Email, facebook, twitter or blog (see bottom of this page)- you will get our attempt to answer your question as soon as possible.
Swedish beginner course description
- Phrases (to greet)
- Presentation phrases
- Verb: present tense
- Questions/answers (question words/yes/no-questions)
- Pronouns, subjective form
- ·Presentation cont.
- ·Week days and ways of saying time
- ·Phrases to greet (cont.)
- ·The Swedish vowels (short/long)
- ·Prepositions in presentation phrases
- ·Telling time, the clock
- ·Verb: present tense + imperative
- ·Word order
- ·Phrases to be nice
- ·Translating “Like”
- ·Vocabulary: verbs
- ·En/ett + den/det
- Clothes and phrases to go with that
- Continue with adjectives
- Pronouns in objective form
- Demonstrative pronouns (den här, den där…)
- ·Talk about family
- Verb: Present tense, helping verbs + infinite form
- Satsadverb (inte, alltid, ofta…)
- Possessive pronouns (min, mitt, mina)
- Talking in helping verbs
- How to answer to common phrases
- Past tense
- Indefinite pronouns: (någon, något, några, annan, annat, andra…)
- Using the pronoun “man”
- “Ja” or “jo”?
- Professions: “Yrken”
- Compound words: “Sammansatta ord”
- Pronunciation in compound words
- Repetition of the course, in a bit more advanced level – getting ready to move on!
- Adjectives in post positions
- Repetition of the Swedish word order